Friday, February 6, 2009

If it hadn't been free...

Last week I got a package in the mail containing the L'Oréal Double Extend Lash Extension Effect Mascara. I'd seen it on TV and in magazines... even seen it on ECB special at the CVS but hadn't ever gotten it. I have short lashes, and they don't want to curl outward - no matter how hard I try... So I'd resigned myself to the fact that if I ever wanted those huge fan-like lashes, I'd have to get some falsies. Thinking that all mascaras would have the same net effect, I just never bothered to try anything new.

That was until I tried the L'Oreal product.

How this product works is that you apply the first step of the product, it's so weird! It's a white substance that you apply just like mascara. Since I threw away the packaging without ever reading the directions, it's by trial and error that I have realized to let it dry for a couple of minutes before step 2. You can't really tell at this point that your lashes are any different, since they're this white color. But then step 2 time - put on like normal mascara - although I find that I have to wiggle the wand a little to make sure that the white color is completely covered... But after that?!?! VOILA! I had long lashes, not clumpy, not thick... It was as if it was magical... it's amazing!!!

If this product hadn't been free, I would have never known that I could have long lashes.

1 comment:

Frances said...

Thanks for the review! I was wondering if this would really work as advertised. I wear glasses, so really don't need longer lashes, but it is good to hear that it works so well.