Thursday, March 19, 2009

I passed the Teenager Audio Test

Train Horns

Created by Train Horns


Ok so I saw this blog posting at Karabeth's blog... and I'm gonna admit that I was intrigued... So I took the test!! I heard this tone that's actually quite annoying - and almost set a big 'ol headache off... And I was like what? I'm not supposed to be able to hear this, I'm gonna be 34 in 10 days... Just a few yrs over the 25yr cutoff... But whatever... So then I thought, well maybe it's just a goof - like everyone can hear it. Well no, husband can't... But the kids sure can. Matter of fact, my 14yr old (Bear) was almost repelled by it. As she came into our bedroom, she almost doubled over, and had to grab her head. I took note of this, and did save the file for future use... When husband and I need to wrap gifts, or maybe just have a conversation in our bedroom...

"Clicking the play button below will produce a tone that is generally only heard by people under the age of 25. It has been used as a deterrent device to keep teenagers from loitering in malls and shops, and sounds similar to a buzzing mosquito. Typically the longer you listen to it, the more annoying it gets."

It was more of a high pitched squeal, and it sure IS annoying! Did you pass the test?

5 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Thanks for coming over for a virtual visit and for giving the test a try. Your Bear and mine had the same reaction.

Funny thing, though. I seem to be the only one who can hear the dog barking because she needs to go outside even though I am the furthest away. Teen-aged hearing must be selective.

Great idea about saving the file for gift-wrapping times!

kobe0007 said...

I think my ears are bleeding...

I tested my mom and dad (50s) and they can't hear it. My mom thought I was playing a trick on her :P But seriously, good thing we have excedrin cause my head hurts.

kobe0007 said...

Oh and if you can hear it, I don't think you can use this to torture your daughter because it will torture you too :P

cheapsk8mom said...

Good point...

Jenny said...

I'm 45, and I could hear it. Maybe I'm young at heart!